Sunday, August 29, 2010

Countdown to my sessions at the writers festivals...

Never been on a panel at a writer's festival before and this week will be jam-packed. For me, the excitement begins the day after tomorrow. I'll be speaking at a session with Amra Pajalic, chaired by Ruby Murray, at the Melbourne Writers Festival, and then I'll be flying to Brisbane (that very same day)for the rest of the week.

Never been to Brisbane before, and am so looking forward to it. I've heard it's a really lovely city and can't wait for a spot of warmer weather. My flight arrives at 6.15 pm on Tuesday, so I won't quite make it to the Queensland Premier's Literary Awards, but was chuffed to be invited. Congratulations to all the short-listed authors.

I do plan to attend the official opening of the BWF and the party afterwards on Wednesday the 1st, and I'm looking forward to meeting lots of wonderful writers, and having lots of chats about books. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment