Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Down Memory Lane - The Curious Adentures of Fairy Fluster

This is the first post in the series Down Memory Lane,  a series that takes me back to my childhood favourites - the books I read again and again.

One of these was The Curious Adventures of Fairy Fluster, written by Hazel Willson and published in 1956. This was a charming book about a well-intentioned fairy who kept getting her spells wrong. It wasn't exactly a novel, as each chapter dealt with a different adventure.

I wish I could get hold of this book again, but sadly, I believe it's out of print, and I haven't been able to find it second-hand.

Does anyone else remember this book? Are there books you loved as a child that are no longer for sale?

1 comment:

  1. Hi. I had a copy of this book in the 60's. As far as I can recall it had a blue cloth hard back. Me and my 6 sisters enjoyed it. And it's lovely that somebody else remembers it too. I too would love to find a copy again. Thank you! (Ireland):)

    ReplyDelete